Station: Pewamo, MI
Pewamo was settled in 1857 when the Detroit & Milwaukee Railroad (GTW) game through here. The town, located on the east edge of Ionia County was incorporated as a village in 1871.
Photo Info/Credit: The Grand Trunk Western depot at Pewamo with an approaching train. [Alan Loftis collection]
March 14, 1930: The Michigan Public Service Commission authorizes the change in hours for the crossing watchman at the DGH&M crossing from 6:30 am - 6:30 pm, to 7:30 am - 7:30 p.m. There was no objection from the railroad. [MPSC-1930]