Station: AuSable, MI
AuSable was settled in the 1840's as a fishing and lumber town in northeast Iosco County along Lake Huron. It became a village in 1872 and a city in 1889. The town was burned in 1911 by a forest fire and rebuilt. It surrendered its charter in 1931. [MPN]
AuSable was the lake terminal of the AuSable and Northwestern railroad which was primarily a forest logging route with many branch lines into Alcona, Oscoda, Ogemaw and Montmorency counties. That road came under Detroit & Mackinac railroad ownership about 1912 and the last lines were abandoned at the beginning of the depression.
The Detroit & Mackinac (now Lake States railway) ran its main line north and south through here and had a station located here.
Au Sable Car Works - (1906 → xxxx) - manufactures railroad cars. Owned by H.M. Loud's Sons Company. [AML-1/13/1906]