Station: Oscoda, MI
Oscoda was settled about 1867 as a logging village along Lake Huron in Iosco County. The town became a village in 1885. The town was nearly wiped out by a major forest fire in 1911.
The town was located on the Detroit & Mackinac railroad (later Lake States) adjacent to the town of AuSable.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the D&M depot at Oscoda. [Dale Berry collection]. 2nd photo, the arrival of train No. 3 shortly after a major forest fire. July 11, 1911. [Alan Loftis collection. 3rd and 4th photos, 1968 views of the depot serving the adjacent towns of AuSable and Oscoda. [Both, Charles Geletzke Jr.]