Station: Tawas Beach, MI

Tawas Beach began as a railroad resort area by the Detroit & Mackinac railway about 1903. It was located along the northeast side of Tawas Bay and reached by a railroad spur which left the D&M main line just north of East Tawas. The area became part of East Tawas City in 1922. [MPN]


November 30, 1901. It was reported that the facility was equipped with sixteen fine summer cottages, a club house, billiard parlor and bowling alley, bicycle paths and all the comforts and conveniences attending a first-class resort. [DFP-1901-1130]