Timeline - 1841
- STATISTIC: Miles of railroads in operations in Michigan this year: 138. [MRC/72]
July 4: Central line reaches Dexter from Ann Arbor. [MHS] [MCR-75] dates this as June 30, 1841.
September: Central line reaches Chelsea. [DWS]
Autumn: The Detroit & Milwaukee extends their line from Royal Oak to Birmingham. [MCR-75] Also listed in 1838 by other sources.
December 29: The Central road reaches Jackson from Chelsea. [MCR-75/MDOT/AAD]
- Julius Eldred leads a well-publicized campaign to remove "the Ontonagon (copper) boulder" from the Ontonagon River and display it in Detroit. It was subsequently moved to the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. [BOM]
- Railroad event in Michigan
- Event relating to mining
- Event related to car ferries
- Event outside of Michigan
- Improvement in Technology
- Railroad built or extended
- Railroad abandoned and/or removed
- Economic panic or depression