Timeline - 2018
- Spring. The Lake State Railway installs new sidings at Grayling for the purposes of bringing in tanks and other military equipment.
- June, 2018. The Michigan Central depot in downtown Detroit changes hands. The new owner, the Ford Motor Company purchases the building and surrounding lands for the purpose of expanding their mobility development operations. Renovations are predicted to be in excess of $100 million.
- August, 2018. The Lake State Railway takes over switching on the CN branch in Port Huron which ends at Lake St. Clair. The LSRC is leasing the track.
- Railroad event in Michigan
- Event relating to mining
- Event related to car ferries
- Event outside of Michigan
- Improvement in Technology
- Railroad built or extended
- Railroad abandoned and/or removed
- Economic panic or depression