Videos About Michigan Railroad History
These are videos about Michigan railroad history. Most are on YouTube. Click on the title below to view the video.
- Adventures in Research. 1938. Detroit Historical Society. Movies of James Stout inventions with Ford Motor, including the "Railplane"
- Keweenaw Crossing, Michigan's Elevator Bridge - A history of the highway/railroad crossing of the Portage Canal (1950's)
- Railroad History Along the Saginaw Valley Rail Trail - A history of the railroads and towns along the Saginaw Valley Rail Trail. 2015. Author unknown. (9 minutes)
- Riding Amtrak's Train 350 between West Detroit and Beaubien. 2009.
- Tracks Through Time - Michigan Railroads History and Impact (Q-TV - Delta College) - A well done video featuring the history of railroads in Michigan and the impact Michigan and its industries had on railroad and industgrial development nationally. (1 hour, 1 min)
- USA's Oldest Still Operating Railroad Station (RailfanMax) - A short documentary about Jackson, Michigan union station, over 140 years old. 2014. (10 min)
- White Pine History: Logging in Michigan (Marty Johnson) - Information on Michigan's logging era, with an emphasis on Clare County during the last quarter of the 19th century. 2013. (43 min)
- Calumet and Hecla Mining Company - (Author unknown) - Brief description of C&H followed by a trade film about the C&H company and their mines. 1940's, (47 min)