Railroad: Bay City and East Saginaw Rail Road Company


BuiltBay City and East Saginaw Railroad Flint & Pere Marquette


Built: 1867 from Bay City south to East Saginaw, east side of Saginaw River.

Operatrd for 1 year.

Became: 1868, control by Flint & Pere Marquette. Merged into F&PM in 1872.

Conveyed to: Pere Marquette, Chesapeake & Ohio, CSX and Lake States Railway.  Became Bay City Branch.

Reference: [MRRC]


Notes

This may have been a construction railroad.


Time Line

1868. December. BC&ES leased to the Flint & Pere Marquette. [SBR]

 


 

Bibliography

The following sources are utilized in this website. [SOURCE-YEAR-MMDD-PG]:

  • [AAB| = All Aboard!, by Willis Dunbar, Eerdmans Publishing, Grand Rapids ©1969.
  • [AAN] = Alpena Argus newspaper.
  • [AARQJ] = American Association of Railroads Quiz Jr. pamphlet. © 1956
  • [AATHA] = Ann Arbor Railroad Technical and Historical Association newsletter "The Double A"
  • [AB] = Information provided at Michigan History Conference from Andrew Bailey, Port Huron, MI

Contact Us

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

 
Email: webmaster@michiganrailroads.com

Social