The Sibley area was settled about 1749 when a limestone quarry was established here. The quarry was purchase by Soloman Sibley in 1823 and became a major producer of aggregate. The town of Sibley was established near the quarry and became a village in 1920. It was annexed by the City of Trenton in 1929. [MPN]
Photo info: Top, the MC depot at Sibley in a railroad evaluation photo. [CMUL]. 2nd and 3rd photos are believed to be from the Solvay Process Company (T.S.P. Co. - The Solvay Process Company) from their operation at Sibley, Michigan. [Jim Tarbell/Doug Leffler collection]
1917. The MC had an agent-operator here during the day. [TRT]
The following sources are utilized in this website. [SOURCE-YEAR-MMDD-PG]: