Chandler was a new station on the Lake Shore's Fayette Division, between Flat Rock and Slocum's Junction. This was the crossing of the C&CS's Fayette Division and the LS&MS's Detroit Branch. It was about 1/2 mile west of what would later be called Slocum Junction. It was named in 1879. [DFP-1879-1109]
This crossing predates modern interlocking devices and was likely a stop and proceed crossing.
1879. A new station on the road between Flat Rock and Slocum's Junction has been named "Chandler". [DFP-1879-1109]
1902. An allignment has been changed at Chandlers to avoid excessive curvature. [MCR-1903]
The following sources are utilized in this website. [SOURCE-YEAR-MMDD-PG]: