New Richmond was platted in 1836 about 8 miles sooth of Holland. In 1871 the Chicago & West Michigan Ry. (later PM/C&O) came through giving the town new commerce. [MPN].
Image Info: Top, a postcard view of the PM depot and water tower at New Richmond. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd image, a photograph of the New Richmond depot and water tower in 1913. Note the standpipe for filling locomotive tenders with water. [UML]
1902. Electric block signals have been installed at New Richmond . [MCR-1903]
1949. The C&O passing siding here is removed as a part of their CTC project between Porter, IN and Lamar (Grand Rapids). [RSE-1949-094]
The following sources are utilized in this website. [SOURCE-YEAR-MMDD-PG]: