Emerson Station was located on the Detroit & Mackinac's Hillman Branch at a location where the former line crossed state route M-32. The railroad owned a gravel pit here, which they sold in 1919, reserving part of the plant for future railroad gravel use.
In 1929, the Hillman branch was cut back to Emerson. A stockyard was located at this location, which continues to exist even to today. In 1967, the line was again cut back from Emerson to Paxton quarry.
1919. The railroad sells their gravel pit in Emerson. [DMAR-1920]
The following sources are utilized in this website. [SOURCE-YEAR-MMDD-PG]: