Wellington was a station stop on the Milwaukee, Lake Shore & Western (later Chicago & Northwestern) railroad, settled in 1894. It was four miles east of Marenisco in Gogebic County. The townsite no longer exists in 2022.
This town was also known as "Wellington Tanks", suggesting that the railroad might have had water tanks here. [IDG-1936-0822]
1884. The MLS&W built west from here, 40.79 miles to the Montreal River in Ironwood. This was prior to the settlement of the town. [AGG]
1928. A railroad spur that will connect with the North Western at Merilyn, a new station which has been estblished between Wellington tanks and Gogebic Station is being run north into the timber land of that section. [IDG-1936-0822]
The following sources are utilized in this website. [SOURCE-YEAR-MMDD-PG]: