The Blue Lake branch was a branch off the Detroit & Charlevoix railroad, what later became a line of the Michigan Central.
1916. August. Forest firefighters worked to end fires along the D&C branch of the MC. Should the fire continue it spells certain destruction for thousands of cords of wood and tan bark as well as many loaded cars that are stalled on the Blue Lake Branch, fire having twisted the rails out of shape. Two steam loaders, expensive machinery, are also in jeopardy. [GRP-1916-0803]
1917. The Michigan Railroad Commission granted permission to remove the south end of the Blue Lake Branch, beginning at a point in the SW 1/4 of SW 1/4, Section 3, T28N-R5W, running south 19.243 feet together with three sidings projecting therefrom consisting of 2,587 feet of track. [MCR-1917]
1921. March. Lumbering operations show signs of a boom after a long depression along the Mackinaw Division. Two branches are to be put in operation in the near future, the Batchleor Timber Co. of Bay City on the McGraw branch, and the W.G. Young company, also of Bay City, on the Blue Lake branch. [DFP-1921-0326]
The following sources are utilized in this website. [SOURCE-YEAR-MMDD-PG]: