Port of Saginaw
The Port of Saginaw is located on the Saginaw River about 18 miles inland from Saginaw Bay and Lake Huron. The port was used to ship lumber and salt products in the late 1800's from mills along the river. The river had large boat navigation through a series of railroad and highway draw bridges. Those bridges are now fixed in place today. The port continues to receive coal, stone and other products by lake freighters to dock facilities near the Zilwaukee area.