New Buffalo, MI - PM Coal facility
This is the former Pere Marquette coal facility at New Buffalo. The concrete tower straddles the main line and originally had the capability to load two main line trains and possibly others on side tracks. It was built in 1942 and only used for about 14 years. It had a 250 ton capacity. Coal was raised to the holding area by an electric elevator.
Photo info/credit: This photo of a CP trackage rights train was taken in 1995. [Charlie Whipp]