Station: Alcona, MI
Alcona was first settled about 1858 and known as "The Cove". It was renamed after the county in which it was located. It was a fishing town until 1865 and then depended on lumbering until 1880, then became a ghost town. The post office was closed in 1903. [MPN]
Alcona was a station stop on the Detroit, Bay City and Alpena railroad, between Harrisville and Black River.