Station: Gibbs City, MI

Gibbs City was a sawmill settlement on the Paint River in western Iron County. The town was 10 miles northwest of Iron River. It was settled in he late 1880's but most residents were gone by 1952. It was located at the end of a seven mile long C&NW branch line from Hazel. [MPN]

The town had a sawmill, which burned down in 1921. The post office continued until 1952, and the remaining buildings were burned in a controlled fire in 1966. The CNW Gibbs City branch was abandoned and pulled up in 1970. [MRL-Wiki]