Station: Mineral Hills, MI
Mineral Hills was founded by the Mineral Hills Mining Company in 1906, which operated the James Mine. Additional mines opened in the area in 1910-1912. All mine "locations" in the area collectively became the village, which was incorporated in 1919. A business district never materialized and the last working mine in the county, the Sherwood mine, closed in 1978. [Iron County Historical Society information]
This village of Mineral Hills merged into Iron River along with Stambaugh in the 1990's.