Location: Palatka, MI

Palatka was a railroad location 1.1 miles south of the Caspian depot, on the Chicago & Northwestern railways line south of Iron River at milepost 64.5 in Iron County. This was the location of the railroad's marshalling yard for iron ore heading to the ore docks at Escanaba. From this location, branch lines went to Gaastra, Caspian, and up to the mines near Mineral Hills.


1918. The C&NW has an operator at this station on the day shift. [TRT]