Station: Brooklyn, MI
Brooklyn was settled about 1832 and a sawmill built in 1833. It was also known for a time as Swainesville but was changed to Brooklyn in 1838. [MPN]
Brooklyn was located on the Detroit, Hillsdale & Southwestern railroad (later LSMS/ MC) about10 miles west of Manchester in southeast Jackson County.
The LSMS/ NYC had a water tower at Brooklyn as of 1926. [NYCtt1926]
Photo Info: Top, the Lake Shore depot at Brooklyn. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, the depot in 1963. [Doug Leffler]. 3rd photo, a 2003 view of the depot. [Alan Loftis]