Station: Springport, MI
Springport was settled about 1836 in northwest Jackson County. A store and mill was located here in 1865 and also called Sunflower Hill and South Harrisville.
The town was located on the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern's Lansing branch, about ten miles north of Albion.
Photo Info: Top, a LSMS passenger train stops to take on mail, express and passengers at the Springport depot. [Mark Worrall collection]. 2d photo, a postcard view of the Springport depot and elevator with a train stopped in front. [Alan Loftis collection]. 3rd photo, a photo of the Sprigport depot in 2002. [Alan Loftis]