Station: Galesburg, MI
Galesburg was settled about 1835 and called Morton and changed to Galesburg in 1838. It became a village in 1861 and a city in 1931. [MPN]. The town was about nine miles east of downtown Kalamazoo on the main line of the Michigan Central (later NYC/PC/Conrail and Amtrak) line. Galesburg, in Kalamazoo County, was also served by the Michigan United interurban railroad.
1920 - On the Michigan Central, this is a passenger, freight and express agency joint with the American Railway Express Company. Interline tickets are issued. H. D. Glanton is the agent.. [MCOAS]