Station: Addison, MI
Addison was founded in 1835 when a grist mill was built here. It was also known as Manetau, Brayton Brown, Peru, Brownell's Mills, Jackson's Mills and Harrison. It was renamed Addison in 1851. It became a fillage in Lenawee County in 1893. [MPN]
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the DT&M depot at Adddison. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, an eastbound DT&M passenger train arriving at the Addison depot. Note the water tower here. [Dale Berry collection]
Addison had a water tower which was located just west of the river. (See photo).