Interlocking: Lakeland Tower, MI
Lakeland Junction was the interlocked crossing of the Grand Trunk Western Jackson Branch and the Ann Arbor railroad main line, near Hamburg.
The location is currently the location of the Zuckey Lake tavern.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Lakeland Tower is on the left of the train which is stopped at Zukey Lake. [Mark Worrall collection]. 2nd photo, the interlocking tower and depot at Lakeland. 4th and 5th photos, an Ann Arbor railroad train heads south across the Lakeland interlocker which was automated by this time and the tower removed. This was in the early 1980's when the GTW Jackson Branch was all but abandoned. [Charlie Whipp]. 4th photo, a USGS map showing the two railroad lines and the junction. [USGS, Dale Berry]
1918. The AARR had a day tower operator here. [TRT]