Station: Rushton, MI
Rushton was settled in the very southeast corner of Livingston County about 1884 when the Grand Trunk Western Jackson Branch came through here west from South Lyon. [MPN]
The GTW maintained daily passenger or mixed train service through Rushton, using a motor car in later years. The railroad did not have a freight siding here.
Photo info/credit: Top and 2nd photo, this is a westbound GTW passenger train with locomotive 1049, crossing the Rushton trestle at Rushton in the early 1900's. 3rd photo, a view of the simple station at Rushton, at Rushton Road, 3 miles west of South Lyon.