Station: New Haven, MI
New Haven, in Macomb County, was settled about 1835 as Baltimore Station. It was renamed New Haven in 1838. The Grand Trunk Western railroad came through about 1865 and established a station here. The town was incorporated as a village in 1869. [MPN]
New Haven is located about ten miles northeast of Mt. Clemens on the Grand Trunk Western (now CN) line between Detroit and Port Huron.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, an old view of an approaching GTW passenger train at New Haven. 2nd photo, another old view. [Both, Alan Loftis collection]. 3rd photo, a 1983 view of the depot. [Charlie Whipp]. 4th photo, the GTW depot in 2003. [Alan Loftis]. 5th photo, the New Haven elevator looking southeast along the CN Mt. Clemens Subdivision. The depot is at the left. In 2006. [Dan Meinhard]
1917. The GTW had an agent here during the day shift. [TRT]