Station: Coleman, MI (Midland County)
Coleman was settled about 1871 when the Flint & Pere Marquette railroad was built through here. A sawmill was built in 1870. The town was incorporated as a village in 1887 and a city in 1905. [MPN]
Coleman is in the northwest corner of Midland County, about 25 miles northwest of downtown Midland. It was originally served by the Pere Marquette railroad main line as well as a branch line between Mt. Pleasant in Isabella County and Beaverton in Gladwin County.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the PM Coleman depot in 1978. [Charlie Whipp]. 2nd, an older photo of the depot with an approaching train and large water tower. [Alan Loftis collection]. 3rd photo, a 1969 view of the depot and nearby elevator. [Charles Geletzke]. 4th, a 1916 postcard view of the depot, water tower and industrial tracks. [Dale Berry collection]. 5th a 2000's photo of the depot at Coleman. The tracks are now gone. [Alan Loftis]