Station: Valentine Lake, MI
Valentine Lake is a medium sized lake which is west of M-33 highway, about eight miles north of Atlanta in Montmorency County. The area was first logged in 1894. [MPN]. The Conners Lumber Company was the predominant lumber company here. [LITF] The town was reportedly on the north side of the lake.
This was a station stop on the Alpena & Northern railroad and probably the last location for which someone could purchase a ticket on this line, though the line continued west into Otsego County. When the Detroit & Mackinac railroad took over the A&N and extended their line northwest to Onaway and Cheboygan, this line became a branch called the Valentine Lake Branch of the D&M.