Station: Hart, MI
Hart was settled about 1856 and a sawmill was established here in 1862 and a grist mill. The town became the county seat in 1865 and became a village in 1885 and a city in 1946. [MPN]
Hart was located at the end of a Pere Marquette (later C&O) line which branched off the Pentwater branch at Mears.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Pere Marquette depot at Hart. 2nd photo, another early view of the depot with a passenger train and crowd in attendance. [Alan Loftis collection]. 3rd photo, a 2003 view of the former PM Depot at Hart. [Alan Loftis]
Hart Shingle & Lumber Co. - (xxxx ← 1906). Burned in 1906, no insurance. Had a capacity of 20,000 feet a day. [AML-1/6/1906]