Location: Vandalia Junction, IN

Vandalia Junction was located at milepost 97.9 on the GTW South Bend subdivision, just southeast of downtown South Bend. This was a junction of the GTW and Pennsylvania railroads. [GTWET-1971-0501]

The New Jersey, Indiana & Illinois railroad, owned by the Singer Company, crossed the GTW at a mechanically interlocked crossing here. [GTWET-1971-0425]


Timeline:

1917. The GTW had an operator on duty here during the day shift. [TRT]