Station: Onota, MI
Onota was an old Indian town and had the name of Bismark. White settlers built sawmills here as well as charcoal kilns as early as 1869. The village became the original county seat for Schoolcraft County, but was wiped out by fire in 1877 and not rebuilt. [MPN]
The townsite was located on the South Shore line and was about 18 miles west of Munising Junction.