Station: Bellaire, MI
Bellaire was created in 1879 when citizens moved the county seat for Antrim County from Elk Rapids. It was originally called Keno, then changed to Bellaire in 1880. [MPN] A station was established on the Chicago & West Michigan railroad in 1891 and the East Jordan & Southern railroad connected here with the PM at a later date.
Photo info/credits: Top, the depot, freight house, and water standpipe with an approaching passenger train. Middle, a 1940's photo of the Bellaire Depot. [Doug Leffler collection]. Next three, old photos of the railroad. [Alan Loftis collection]. Bottom, the old depot, now a Shanty Creek property, in 1978. [L.R. Bolton photo, Charles Geletzke Jr. collection]