Station: Beaverton, MI
Beaverton was settled about 1863 as a lumber town. It was formally known as Grand Forks. In 1890, the settlement was established and named Beaverton. It was incorporated as a villae in 1901 and a city in 1903. [MPN]
Beaverton was located at the north end of a Pere Marquette branch line into Gladwin County from Mt. Pleasant (via Coleman).