Crossing: Osceola, MI - MR/H&E Crossing
Osceola was a location about 1 mile northeast of the Osceola Mine and two miles south of Red Jacket (later Calumet) where the Mineral Range railroad crossed the Hancock & Calumet railroad around 1885. This was also known as "Oqechee". Both railroads were narrow gauge at this time.
The crossing was protected by a Pennsylvania Steel Company interlocking, which was reportedly the 2nd interlocking plant in Michigan and the first in the upper peninsula. [DSS]